Terms & Conditions
Sensible reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. In the event that any changes are made, the revised terms and conditions shall be posted on this page immediately.
Please check the latest information here to inform yourself of any changes.
If you have a discount code, you must enter it before you proceed to checkout, as you will not be able to do so once your payment information is processed. You may only use one discount code per order.
Refunds for item(s) from an order which was discounted or part of a promotion will be calculated as follows: Where a discount has been applied to the entire order, the discount will be applied evenly across the items ordered. For example, if a “$10 off” discount was applied and four items were ordered, then each item returned would be eligible for a refund of $2.50 less than the price listed at the time of purchase. If a % discount was applied, then the % would be applied separately to each item. Offer codes are independent of any other promotion and may be restricted and not combined with other promotions on the site or with any other promotional offer code. For example, you will not be able to use a 10% code then add a further 5% code on top. Offer codes may also be withdrawn at any time without prior notification.
All products must be returned in unused condition in their original packaging within 30 days of receiving the order.
Sensible respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.1. Introduction
It also tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
2. Personal data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual that can identify that individual. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We collect a variety of information about our customers and readers/visitors. This personal data falls into these categories:
- Contact Data includes first name, last name, billing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes credit card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us.
- Profile Data includes your username or similar identifier and an encrypted version of your login/password, preferences, feedback, and survey responses. If you interact with us through social media, this may include your social media username.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access Sensible.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
- Tracking Data includes information we or others collect about you from cookies and similar tracking technologies.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving direct marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We may also collect, use, and share Aggregated Data, such as statistical or demographic data. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. This helps us provide better content and service.
3. How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Contact, and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by mail, phone, email, or through social media.
This includes personal data you provide when you:
- sign up to receive Sensible emails;
- request information be sent to you;
- create an account on our website;
- order our products;
- ask for marketing to be sent to you;
- engage with us on social media;
- enter a giveaway or promotion;
- contact customer service; or
- leave comments or reviews on our products.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with us, including via the Sensible website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. We may also collect Tracking Data when you use our website, or when you click on one of our ads (including those shown on third party websites).
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various types of third parties, including:
- Technical Data and/or Tracking Data from analytics providers, advertising networks, and search information providers;
- Contact, Financial, and Transaction Data from providers of payment and fraud prevention services;
- Contact Data from data partners; and
- Data from any third parties who are permitted by law or have your permission to share your personal data with us, such as via social media or review sites. We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to.
4. How we use your personal data
Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- When we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you. For example, when you purchase our products, that’s a contract.
- When it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests (e.g., if we carry out fraud screening as part of the check-out process).
- When we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. For example, keeping records of our sales for tax compliance.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful reason depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
If you ever have any questions about this, please contact us at email@example.com.
5. Advertising, marketing, and communications preferences
We may use your Contact, Technical, Tracking, Usage and Profile Data to determine what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products may be relevant to you and tell you about them. This is what we call direct marketing.
We may carry out direct marketing by email, social media, or mail.
On our website, we always try hard to make it clear what we are doing and what communications you will be sent, and you have a right at any time to opt out or change your preferences.
We advertise in many different ways, and not all use personal data.
We also work with partners to try and promote the reach of our ads. We use Tracking Data to deliver relevant online advertising, including via websites and social media.
Tracking Data, and in particular, cookies, help us to deliver website and social advertising that we believe is most relevant to you and to potential new customers. Cookies are why when you’ve been on the Sensible website, you might see an item you were looking at again. Cookies help us work better and make the process of being a Sensible customer and/or visitor/reader smoother.
Cookies can also tell us if you have seen a specific ad, and how long it has been since you have seen it. This is helpful because it means we can control the effectiveness of our ads and the number of times people might be shown our ads. Cookies also help us understand if you’ve opened a marketing email because we don’t want to send you things you don’t read.
Almost all the cookies that relate to advertising are part of third-party online advertising networks. We do not control cookies set by advertising networks.
Other cookies collect information about how visitors use Sensible, for instance, which pages visitors go to most often. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. Information these cookies collect is used to improve how Sensible works.
There are also cookies that allow Sensible to remember choices you make (such as your username or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
There are cookies that collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising delivered to you more relevant to you and your interests. They remember that you have visited a website, and this information is shared with other organizations.
When you use Sensible, your device or browser may be sent cookies from third parties, for example when using embedded content and social network links. It's important for you to know that we have no access to or control over cookies used by these companies or third-party websites. We suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
7. Disclosures of your personal data
We may share personal data with the following categories of third parties:
- Suppliers and service providers (such as technology service providers, payment processing and fraud prevention providers, and manufacturers);
- auditors and professional advisers like bankers, lawyers, accountants and insurers; and
- government, regulators, and law enforcement.
We share personal data with the following specific third parties:
We also share data with third parties connected to advertising, retargeting, and analytics.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
8. Payment information
Sensible uses third party payment processors Facebook, Google, Apple Pay, Shopify, and Stripe to process payments made for products via the Website. All online payments will be conducted in accordance with data security standards, and your billing information, which is only used by these payment processors for the purpose of performing fraud protection, is encrypted before being communicated to them.
9. International transfers
If you are a citizen of any country in the EEA, whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we will comply with applicable data protection law. Some of the mechanisms we may choose to use when undertaking an international transfer are:
- The transfer of your personal data is to a country that has officially been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission, such as the United States.
- We may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission, which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe (called the “EU Model Clauses”).
10. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who need to know it for business purposes. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to confidentiality agreements.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
11. Third-party links
12. Data retention
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data.
13. Your legal rights
If the General Data Protection Regulation applies to you because you are in the European Union, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- The right of access – that’s a right to make what’s known as a “data subject access request” for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification – that’s a right to make us correct personal data about you that may be incomplete or inaccurate;
- The right to erasure – that’s also known as the “right to be forgotten,” where, in certain circumstances, you can ask us to delete the personal data we have about you (unless there’s an overriding legal reason we need to keep it);
- The right to restrict processing – that’s a right for you in certain circumstances to ask us to suspend processing personal data;
- The right to data portability – that’s a right for you to ask us for a copy of your personal data in a common format (for example, a .csv file);
- The right to object – that’s a right for you to object to us processing your personal data (for example, if you object to us processing your data for direct marketing); and
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling – that’s a right you have for us to be transparent about any profiling we do, or any automated decision-making.
These rights are subject to certain rules about when you can exercise them. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). We may, however, charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who does not have a right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information.